Saturday, December 13, 2008

Ward Christmas Party!

Another year has successfully come and gone!!! George and I are on our ward Activity Committee and one of my favorites is our Christmas Party. It was so much fun! I started at about 10 am assembling Gingerbread houses. Last year I put them together at home and transported them to the church, I decided to assemble them at the church to eliminate the stress of transporting them. It worked great, I will definitely do it this way next year if we do the houses again. There were 32 all together and I love to see the excitement in the faces of all the children as they pick out what candy they want and take their houses to the tables to decorate them. After decorating houses they were able to have a family picture taken with their masterpieces. We had a dinner of roast beef, dutch oven potatoes (thanks to a few our wonderful priesthood members), green beans, salad and an array of desserts brought from various ward members. Yummmmmmm..... After dinner we ended the evening with the Nativity put on by our primary children. This is the 2nd year we as a Primary have done the Nativity and this year Jenni was selected to be the Inn keeper, she practiced her heart out to get it just right. The senior primary children have speaking parts and the junior primary children are all members of the Angel Choir! Let me tell you that it is a sight to see and I hope that this is one tradition that we continue with for years to come. There were not many dry eyes in the room.

0 comments:

Popular Posts

The wait changes to this...

The wait changes to this...

My Playlist II


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My Playlist I


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones