Sunday, August 30, 2009

New Chapter... Oh wait! It is a new BOOK!!!

I will be starting a new book in my life. (After all if it where a new chapter I would kinda know what to expect!) I kept thinking that maybe they would change their minds or decide that somebody else was really suppose to be called to the position. I was called into the Bishop's office almost a month ago, It was kind of like being called to the Principals office, only I was pretty sure I hadn't done anything wrong this time!
I tried to tell our Bishop that maybe he should take some more time. I hadn't realized that he was one for practical jokes, but he assured me that he was making the right call, & that I would come to know that also. (I haven't hit that point yet!)
Up until about an hour ago, I figured he could go back on the whole thing. So what that they had released me and others from our callings and called and sustained us in sacrament meeting to these new positions, Who cares that I had to bare my testimony at the spur of the moment (every one knows of my fear of people right!). We hadn't been set a part so it wasn't really 'official' yet right! But that time came and instead of the Bishop getting up and saying "Just Kidding!" he actually did set us all apart for our new callings. WOW! Every one is very supportive and says that we will all do a great job, I am glad that everyone has so much confidence in me, I will be pulling it from them time and time again through out the next few years. I have made all of the calls and am going to TRY to get my Sunday Nap in before I have to preside over my first Young Women's Presidency Meeting..... Oh My, Heaven Help me!!!

3 comments:

Maria Johansen said...

congrats you'll do great. Young Womens is such a crucial point for so many girl. before our ward swich in 1996 I had the best presidency, well it was the best untik now with you. I never clicked and felt comfortable in the new ward so I went the other way. NOt to scare ya, you'll do great- look how great your young man is and your little young women. Love Ya

Trista said...

Yay, you are going to do awesome. I agree with Ria it is a very crucial time for young women... I have all the faith in the world in you.:D

Keeler Klan said...

There's not a better person in the whole wide world for the job!

-Amberly

Popular Posts

The wait changes to this...

The wait changes to this...

My Playlist II


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My Playlist I


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones