Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Peaches...



I had my first experience with peaches this year. That is a little suprising even for myself, since peaches are my all time favorite! This year the kids and I went out to the church orchard and picked a few (4 five gallon buckets) and over the last week I have slowly been processing them. I wasn't brave enough to try bottling them by myself so I froze 90% of them. I left one bucket of the greener ones sitting for almost a week and decided yesterday that the time had came, I had to get them done! I got alittle braver and made peach preserves. They were SOooo Yummy on my toast this morning and the bottles look so pretty on my counter! I only used about 1/2 of the ones I processed yesterday for preserves, I saved the other 1/2 for Mikie, he was going to dutch oven us some peach cobbler, but that rain storm that came through put an end to that! I am really hoping it will be nice tonight, I can already smell and taste it, Mmmm...

2 comments:

JoLene said...

I was going to ask if you got the peaches bottled\
Mom

Ma2_3boys said...

Congrats! Canning is one thing I love to do because you can see and taste your hard work. And it doesn't all disappear in 15 minutes like dinner does. I wish I could get my hands on more fresh garden yummies.

Popular Posts

The wait changes to this...

The wait changes to this...

My Playlist II


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My Playlist I


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones