Friday, May 1, 2009

It's all about the 1...

We made it!
10 years ago today George and I headed down to Las Vegas for some shopping, (or so I thought!) Little did I know all of my complaining and nagging had broken through the thick skull of the amazing man I know call my husband. 10 years ago we had no Costco around, George and I would leave the kids (they were so little then) with grandma & grandpa and make trips to Las Vegas to hit Sam's Club and stock up.
I don't remember what was going on that weekend in Vegas, but town was packed and so where the hotels, we found a little cider block dive north of town to stay for the night. That should have been the 1st clue, it was
{The Hitchin' Post}.
We headed the rest of the way into town and headed to the Excalibur for the motion picture rides down in the arcades. After arriving in Vegas, George told me that he had really brought me down to get married. (I didn't believe him - AT ALL!) I told him, I wouldn't believe it until after it really happened. That was the truth, I was in shock for weeks before I snapped out of it and realized I wasn't dreaming! George's dad had remarried earlier that day and we really didn't want to share our anniversary. After going and getting our license we sat at the court house until Midnight, and were the 1st couple to be married May 2nd 1999.

>>>>>>>>Fast Forward>>>>>>>>

We made it!
1 year ago tomorrow... May 2nd 2008
George and I walked out of the St. George Temple as Eternal Companions.
It was a long road to the Temple for us but, thankfully for all of the
amazing family, friends, neighbors and examples in our lives we did make it.
In the sense that {REALLY} matters it is our 1st Anniversary tomorrow.

1 comments:

Trista said...

I had never heard any part of that awesome marriage story lol!! I love it. And congrats on the one year!!:D

Popular Posts

The wait changes to this...

The wait changes to this...

My Playlist II


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My Playlist I


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones